Katana is a very user-friendly and easy-to-use system, particularly considering the struggles that we had before. Even more, I appreciate the communication offered when they develop new tools, they are open to feedback and take our improvements into account.
Food manufacturing, 15+ employees
Powerful features, simple to use
LIVE INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
The inventory optimization and control you need
Keep track of materials and product stock to avoid stock-outs
- Get total inventory control for finished products and raw materials
- Automate inventory transactions and set reorder points to prevent stock-outs
- Track on-hand, committed, and expected stock amounts in real-time
- Manage product variants and materials in one place
- Monitor your inventory across multiple warehouses
- Use barcodes to receive and count stock
- Use stocktakes to find and eliminate discrepancies in your stock levels
REAL-TIME MASTER PLANNING
Production, scheduling, and
resource management in one place
Gain real-time visibility to optimize all your key resources
- Make accurate manufacturing and purchasing decisions with live data
- Ensure optimal inventory levels at all times
- Prioritize production based on raw material availability
- Get task-level control for effective shop floor management
- Automate manufacturing cost calculations based on your bill of materials and operations
TOTAL SHOP FLOOR CONTROL
Floor-level control from scheduling to task prioritization
Use the Katana Shop Floor App to align sales and production
- Send tasks to the app according to product operations for incoming manufacturing orders
- Assign and reassign jobs to operators who can start, pause, and resume tasks to keep you up to date on production
- View manufacturing order task and ingredient list for every task in the app
- Track time spent on tasks to optimize shop floor activities
- View resource consumption with live material tracking
- Add notes to manufacturing orders to be displayed for related tasks
Scan barcodes with any smart device to monitor material usage and track batches and products
OMNICHANNEL ORDER MANAGEMENT
Unified B2B and e-commerce sales order management
Sync your sales channels for optimal order fulfillment
- Track the availability of required products for sales orders
- Drag-and-drop order priorities according to material availability and delivery deadlines
- Choose to make to order or fulfill from available product stock
- Identify delivery delay risks and reprioritize to boost efficiency
- Sync sales orders from multiple channels into a single dashboard
Select and use multiple currencies to automatically convert sales order values
Sync your accounting, sales, and inventory with QBO or Xero
Seamlessly integrate Katana with your accounting software
- Create and update invoices based on sales orders in Katana
- Convert purchase orders in Katana to bills in one click
- Automatically keep your inventory balance up to date (QBO)
- Sync all your contact information to ensure consistent and accurate supplier and customer data
Tracing for batches, materials, expiry dates, and more
Keep an eye on your inventory beyond the warehouse
- End-to-end traceability for materials and products with batch tracking
- Track the expiry date of items and stay in control of expiring stock
- Autogenerate batch and internal barcodes
- Quickly locate items across multiple warehouses, giving all teams access to the same live data
- Trace faulty batches, materials, and products from materials to sold goods for effective quality assurance and recalls
Routing and matrix BOMs for your variable products
Automate the reallocation of materials based on priorities you set
- Drag-and-drop priorities for manufacturing tasks
- Track availability for required materials for efficient sales order fulfillment
- Identify delay risks related to material supply lead times
- Get accurate expected completion dates to keep sales teams informed
- Have a live floor-level production status overview
PURCHASE ORDER MANAGEMENT
Granular purchase order tracking for maximum visibility
Avoid stock-outs and keep your teams and products moving
- Ensure on-time purchasing based on clear material requirements
- Know when to purchase missing raw materials from suppliers
- Update your inventory to reflect when purchase orders were received in parts
- Track delay risks in your supply chain to keep all teams informed
- Select and use multiple currencies to automatically convert purchase order values
CONTRACT MANUFACTURING WORKFLOWS
Get the visibility you need when working with contractors
Katana gives you an overview of material usage and the statuses of your outsourced purchase orders.
- Issue purchase orders for outsourced manufacturing
- Track materials in your partner locations in real time
- Spot and purchase missing materials in contract suppliers’ locations
- Receive items to stock with accurate cost values
Real-time reliable costing made easy
Ensure accuracy with costing features built for precision
- Track manufacturing costs based on your bill of materials (BOM) and production operations
- Create multilevel BOMs with subassemblies for accurate costing
- Make precise pricing decisions based on your product margins
CUSTOM WORKFLOWS VIA API
Katana’s open API and no-code solutions
Set up integrations and create workflows to streamline your operations
- Sync your Katana data with hundreds of e-commerce, shipping, accounting, and reporting platforms
- Build your own apps into Katana using our developer resources and open API
- Take advantage of apps that have been built into Katana on our open API
- Develop your custom workflows with Katana API
SALES ORDER INSIGHTS
Detailed insights with visualized sales reports
Analyze and share insights for better collaboration and performance
Track sales order profit margin performance
- Keep an eye on revenue, profit, cost, and average order values
- Identify margin outliers to maximize profitability
- Recognize sales trends and risks to reprioritize items
- Monitor all sales orders data in one dashboard
Get set up in under 7 days
It’s that simple. For more guidance visit our Knowledge Base.
The perfect solution for stock tracking of perishable stock, creating endless product recipes, reordering when you’re running low, and reducing unnecessary waste
For innovators in the food and beverage industry, getting the balance right can be a challenge. As you scale from perhaps your own kitchen to a larger operation it becomes all the more crucial to find a tracking solution to track food that is for preparation or sale, ensure food items are prepared well consistently and avoid as much food waste as possible.
This is where food and beverage inventory software steps in. Katana can operate as a primary food inventory management software, but there’s so much more you can achieve within our platform. From monitoring stock levels to creating detailed product recipes, to integrating with sales and accounting tools, and finally to waste tracking for stock or products which expire — it’s all possible with the features we offer.
You can use barcode scanning in your warehouse to track stocking levels and shipped orders, use integrations to create inventory reports, and ultimately decrease the daily time spent on admin-related tasks that Katana makes easy.
Great sales integration, consistent quality control, and delivery tracking to help set customer expectations
As mentioned above, along with being an ideal food manufacturing software, there are a wealth of sales and accounting integrations within Katana, and ways to make them work for your food business. Amongst the most basic accounting options are QuickBooks Online and Xero, both widely used and popular with businesses from many industries including food production and sales.
Along with financial and accounting advantages, our product recipes can assist with consistency in product quality, helping to maintain high food standards. This is also relevant in case you’re both in food production and the restaurant industry, maybe even a restaurant owner, as repeat business can be crucial.
There are also ways to create POS integrations, allowing for card payment processing, so you aren’t only selling products online but in a physical location also. Perhaps even multiple locations if you’re expanding rapidly!
Integrate your food inventory management software with the services you love most
Create custom API integrations
Use Katana’s open API to create custom workflows and connect to apps beyond our list of integrations. Automate data transfers between the services you use to level up efficiency. Take a look at our API documentation to learn more.
In the food and beverage industry, excellent inventory software can be the difference between survival and failure. Knowing what you have in stock, when it will expire, what needs to be made, and what’s in demand all factors into the decisions you’ll make as a business.
Knowing food costs and expiry times, combined with sales forecasts, will assist in setting smart reorder points and automating transactions so you’re never out of crucial ingredients.
Katana offers these options as a food inventory management software, and more, as you gain total control over your food inventory from day one.
Check out our features page to learn more.
Using our integration with Shopify, you can link a point of sale system within a physical or pop-up store with your inventory software.
This puts all of your critical data into one place, and means your stock, products and sales will be aligned, so you can make inventory reports and plan ahead for which products to make more of and which to cut back on.