Schedule and production planning software for an optimized workflow
Turn wishes into goals with software that helps you with all your businesses operations
Manufacturing production planning software that builds a plan for you
Katana automatically creates a plan for you based on when a manufacturing order (MO) is generated.
If there’s an order you need to work on sooner rather than later, though — no worries! In Katana, simply drag and drop an MO to the top of your production list. The production planning and scheduling software will reprioritize the order and reallocate materials to fit the new workflow.
Manufacturing production scheduling software can automatically:
Create a workflow and visually display the status of each MO
Generate production deadlines based on your bill of materials
Calculate cost estimates and planned completion times
Assign operators to resources if already specified beforehand
Production planning and scheduling software helps you manage all your resources
Manufacturers face constant change, both inside and outside their business. The more your business expands and grows, the more critical and challenging production planning becomes.
Katana comes with manufacturing analytics to anticipate future demand according to past sales performance. This can help you avoid production overload and HR issues without incurring overtime costs.
Manufacturing production scheduling software allows you to:
Set up tasks according to product operations for incoming MOs
Plan, schedule, and assign tasks to operators
View the MO card and ingredient list for every task
Track time spent on tasks to optimize shop floor activities
Boost efficiency and resource handling with manufacturing planning software integrations
Katana integrations allow for seamless communication and data sharing between your favorite business tools and departments within your company. This can lead to increased efficiency, improved data accuracy, and better overall coordination of the production process.
Additionally, integrations can provide access to a wider range of data and tools, leading to better decision-making and improved overall performance.
Katana allows you to easily set up and integrate with:
E-commerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce
Accounting tools like QuickBooks Online and Xero
An open API to create your own customized workflows
Integrate Katana's manufacturing planning software with your favorite business tools
Unite the services you love with integrated manufacturing planning software
Choose from various e-commerce, accounting, CRM, reporting, and automation integrations to streamline your key business operations beyond production planning. Katana is a system built to fit with your essential business tools. Take a look at Katana’s growing list of integrations to learn more.
Katana integrates everything, making for effective company-wide resource planning and control. We now know what we have in store and where to look for it.”
We needed help with Shopify inventory management for raw materials, and Katana exceeded our expectations.”
We chose Katana because it presents our manufacturing business information in the easiest possible way.”
I think that Katana had a much lower barrier to entry, and I was able to gradually build my processes into Katana’s system.”
The steps in production planning and control include:
- Forecasting demand for products or services
- Determining production capacity and constraints
- Developing a master production schedule
- Establishing inventory policies and procedures
- Planning and scheduling resources, including materials and labor
- Monitoring and controlling production processes to ensure they are on schedule and within budget
- Making adjustments as necessary to meet customer demand and production goals
- Continuously evaluating and improving the production process
Production planning and scheduling software is a tool used to plan and coordinate the production of goods or services. It typically includes scheduling software and other components such as:
- inventory management
- capacity planning
The software is used to optimize the use of resources and ensure that production is completed on time and within budget. This can include managing the scheduling of machines and workers, coordinating the delivery of raw materials, and monitoring the production progress to ensure that everything is running smoothly.
There are several steps to creating a manufacturing schedule:
- Determine the production requirements — This includes the number of products to be manufactured, the materials and resources required, and the production capacity.
- Create a list of tasks — List the jobs that must be accomplished during the production process in order to make the product.
- Estimate the time required for each task — Estimate the time required for each task based on historical data or using industry standards.
- Create a Gantt chart — Use a Gantt chart to represent the tasks, dependencies, and time estimates visually. This will help you to see the schedule at a glance and identify potential bottlenecks.
- Assign resources — Assign the necessary resources, such as equipment and personnel, to each task.
- Optimize the schedule — Look for ways to optimize the schedule, such as by reducing lead times or increasing production capacity.
- Implement and monitor the schedule — Put the schedule into action and watch it closely to ensure that it is being followed and that it is effective. Be prepared to make adjustments as needed.