Effectively manage your shop floor with WIP tracking software for manufacturing
Check order progress with real-time WIP tracking software
Never lose control over your production operations
To make the right decisions at the right time, you need a live overview of your production. WIP software allows you to track progress with sales and production orders in real-time, giving you a virtual window into your shop floor operations. By spotting delays before they happen, manufacturers can keep up with deadlines no matter how high demand is.
Get a live floor-level production status overview
View manufacturing orders and ingredient lists in Katana’s Shop Floor App to keep your teams aligned
Assign tasks and track time and resources spent
Improve your floor-level operations with direct access to production tasks and ingredient lists for each task with a WIP tracking system like Katana’s Shop Floor App. Easily create, set up, and remove shop floor operators, track time spent on jobs, and measure real versus actual materials used to cut costs and time.
Easily re-assign tasks to operators to maximize efficiency
Generate shop floor tasks according to product operations for incoming manufacturing orders
Keep your teams and data in sync at all times
Managers, sales teams, and shop floor employees need access to the same information to keep their operations in sync. WIP software gives everyone in your organization the knowledge they need to make the right decisions. No more miscommunication or mistakes when it comes to deadlines, scheduling, or stock counting.
Add notes to manufacturing orders to be displayed for related tasks in the Shop Floor App
Shop Floor App task status updates are automatically sent to your cloud manufacturing software
Powerful features, simple to use
LIVE INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
The inventory optimization and control you need
Keep track of materials and product stock to avoid stock-outs
- Get total inventory control for finished products and raw materials
- Automate inventory transactions and set reorder points to prevent stock-outs
- Track on-hand, committed, and expected stock amounts in real-time
- Manage product variants and materials in one place
- Monitor your inventory across multiple warehouses
- Use barcodes to receive and count stock
- Use stocktakes to find and eliminate discrepancies in your stock levels
REAL-TIME MASTER PLANNING
Production, scheduling, and
resource management in one place
Gain real-time visibility to optimize all your key resources
- Make accurate manufacturing and purchasing decisions with live data
- Ensure optimal inventory levels at all times
- Prioritize production based on raw material availability
- Get task-level control for effective shop floor management
- Automate manufacturing cost calculations based on your bill of materials and operations
TOTAL SHOP FLOOR CONTROL
Floor-level control from scheduling to task prioritization
Use the Katana Shop Floor App to align sales and production
- Send tasks to the app according to product operations for incoming manufacturing orders
- Assign and reassign jobs to operators who can start, pause, and resume tasks to keep you up to date on production
- View manufacturing order task and ingredient list for every task in the app
- Track time spent on tasks to optimize shop floor activities
- View resource consumption with live material tracking
- Add notes to manufacturing orders to be displayed for related tasks
Scan barcodes with any smart device to monitor material usage and track batches and products
OMNICHANNEL ORDER MANAGEMENT
Unified B2B and e-commerce sales order management
Sync your sales channels for optimal order fulfillment
- Track the availability of required products for sales orders
- Drag-and-drop order priorities according to material availability and delivery deadlines
- Choose to make to order or fulfill from available product stock
- Identify delivery delay risks and reprioritize to boost efficiency
- Sync sales orders from multiple channels into a single dashboard
Select and use multiple currencies to automatically convert sales order values
Sync your accounting, sales, and inventory with QBO or Xero
Seamlessly integrate Katana with your accounting software
- Create and update invoices based on sales orders in Katana
- Convert purchase orders in Katana to bills in one click
- Automatically keep your inventory balance up to date (QBO)
- Sync all your contact information to ensure consistent and accurate supplier and customer data
Tracing for batches, materials, expiry dates, and more
Keep an eye on your inventory beyond the warehouse
- End-to-end traceability for materials and products with batch tracking
- Track the expiry date of items and stay in control of expiring stock
- Autogenerate batch and internal barcodes
- Quickly locate items across multiple warehouses, giving all teams access to the same live data
- Trace faulty batches, materials, and products from materials to sold goods for effective quality assurance and recalls
Routing and matrix BOMs for your variable products
Automate the reallocation of materials based on priorities you set
- Drag-and-drop priorities for manufacturing tasks
- Track availability for required materials for efficient sales order fulfillment
- Identify delay risks related to material supply lead times
- Get accurate expected completion dates to keep sales teams informed
- Have a live floor-level production status overview
PURCHASE ORDER MANAGEMENT
Granular purchase order tracking for maximum visibility
Avoid stock-outs and keep your teams and products moving
- Ensure on-time purchasing based on clear material requirements
- Know when to purchase missing raw materials from suppliers
- Update your inventory to reflect when purchase orders were received in parts
- Track delay risks in your supply chain to keep all teams informed
- Select and use multiple currencies to automatically convert purchase order values
CONTRACT MANUFACTURING WORKFLOWS
Get the visibility you need when working with contractors
Katana gives you an overview of material usage and the statuses of your outsourced purchase orders.
- Issue purchase orders for outsourced manufacturing
- Track materials in your partner locations in real time
- Spot and purchase missing materials in contract suppliers’ locations
- Receive items to stock with accurate cost values
Real-time reliable costing made easy
Ensure accuracy with costing features built for precision
- Track manufacturing costs based on your bill of materials (BOM) and production operations
- Create multilevel BOMs with subassemblies for accurate costing
- Make precise pricing decisions based on your product margins
CUSTOM WORKFLOWS VIA API
Katana’s open API and no-code solutions
Set up integrations and create workflows to streamline your operations
- Sync your Katana data with hundreds of e-commerce, shipping, accounting, and reporting platforms
- Build your own apps into Katana using our developer resources and open API
- Take advantage of apps that have been built into Katana on our open API
- Develop your custom workflows with Katana API
SALES ORDER INSIGHTS
Detailed insights with visualized sales reports
Analyze and share insights for better collaboration and performance
Track sales order profit margin performance
- Keep an eye on revenue, profit, cost, and average order values
- Identify margin outliers to maximize profitability
- Recognize sales trends and risks to reprioritize items
- Monitor all sales orders data in one dashboard
Integrate with the best e-commerce,
accounting, reporting, and CRM
software out there
Create custom API integrations
Use Katana’s open API to create custom workflows and connect to apps beyond our list of integrations. Automate data transfers between the services you use to level up efficiency. Take a look at our API documentation to learn more.
Katana integrates everything, making for effective company-wide resource planning and control.”
We needed help with Shopify inventory management for raw materials, and Katana exceeded our expectations.”
Having the shop floor know what they can or can’t make on a given day is amazing, and replaces our previous “system” of spreadsheets.”
As an organic food processor, traceability is critical and our records must be meticulously kept. Katana fulfills all our needs in a simple, easy solution.”
WIP tracking refers to monitoring and managing work in progress (WIP) in a project or production environment. WIP refers to any items, tasks, or processes that have been started but are not yet completed.
Tracking WIP is important because it provides visibility into the status of ongoing work and helps identify potential bottlenecks or areas where improvements can be made to optimize efficiency and throughput. In order to guarantee that projects are finished on schedule and under budget, this can help project managers and team leaders make educated decisions about resource allocation, personnel, and scheduling.
WIP tracking can be done manually using spreadsheets or other tools. Still, it is often more efficient to use specialized software or project management systems that automate the process and provide real-time updates on the status of WIP.
Tracking production in manufacturing involves monitoring the status of the production process and the movement of materials and products through the manufacturing facility. Here are some key steps for tracking production in manufacturing:
1. Define production metrics: The first step is to establish metrics that will be used to track production. Examples of metrics include production volume, cycle time, defect rates, and inventory levels.
2. Implement a production tracking system: Various software tools are available to help track production in manufacturing. These systems can provide real-time visibility into production metrics and help identify bottlenecks or areas for improvement.
3. Use barcoding or RFID technology: Barcoding and radio frequency identification (RFID) technology can be used to track the movement of materials and products through manufacturing. This can provide real-time visibility into the location of materials and products and help optimize production workflows.
4. Implement visual management: Visual management tools such as kanban boards and production dashboards can help provide real-time visibility into production metrics and help identify areas for improvement.
5. Conduct regular reviews: Regular reviews of production metrics and processes can help identify areas for improvement and ensure that production goals are being met.
Overall, effective production tracking involves implementing a combination of software tools, technology, and visual management to monitor production metrics and identify opportunities for improvement.
To track the manufacturing process, there are several steps you can take:
1. Define the process: First, you need to define the manufacturing process for your product. This involves creating a detailed production process map, including all the steps and materials involved.
2. Identify key metrics: Next, identify the key metrics you want to track to measure the performance of the manufacturing process. These may include cycle time, scrap rate, first pass yield, and throughput.
3. Implement data collection: Collect data on the manufacturing process using manual and automated methods. This may involve using sensors, barcode scanning, or manual data entry.
4. Analyze the data: Once you have collected data, use statistical process control (SPC) methods to analyze it and identify trends and patterns. This will help you identify areas where the manufacturing process can be improved.
5. Use visual management: Implement visual management tools such as kanban boards, production dashboards, and process maps to help communicate the status of the manufacturing process to the team and identify areas for improvement.
6. Continuously improve: Use the data and insights you gain from tracking the manufacturing process to improve it continuously. This may involve implementing process changes, training team members, or investing in new equipment or technology.