To track the manufacturing process, there are several steps you can take:
1. Define the process: First, you need to define the manufacturing process for your product. This involves creating a detailed production process map, including all the steps and materials involved.
2. Identify key metrics: Next, identify the key metrics you want to track to measure the performance of the manufacturing process. These may include cycle time, scrap rate, first pass yield, and throughput.
3. Implement data collection: Collect data on the manufacturing process using manual and automated methods. This may involve using sensors, barcode scanning, or manual data entry.
4. Analyze the data: Once you have collected data, use statistical process control (SPC) methods to analyze it and identify trends and patterns. This will help you identify areas where the manufacturing process can be improved.
5. Use visual management: Implement visual management tools such as kanban boards, production dashboards, and process maps to help communicate the status of the manufacturing process to the team and identify areas for improvement.
6. Continuously improve: Use the data and insights you gain from tracking the manufacturing process to improve it continuously. This may involve implementing process changes, training team members, or investing in new equipment or technology.