The four main items that have to be included in a BOM are the part number, part name, quantity, and unit of measurement, but BOMs can also consist of other information.
Here is a further explanation of the four main items that have to be included in a BOM:
- Item Name – the name of the product part
- Quantity – how many are being used
- Unit of Measure – the unit in which “Quantity” will be measured
- Part Number – where you can get these parts (from a manufacturer or BOM software)
Other BOM information that can be included in BOMs are:
- Component Description – the explanation of what the BOM part is