Generate New Quotes for Sales in Katana
You can now effortlessly manage your quotes with Katana’s new quotation functionality, separate from your online sales orders (SO). 🚀
Create quotes for SO in two simple steps, and provide your customers with current price offers with easy to download pdf copies.
Set as pending while you negotiate, and Katana won’t commit any items to your pending orders until the quote is accepted.
Never lose track of your quotes again. Effortlessly sort and filter all quotes and take bulk actions with the click of a button.
Allowing you to get more control over your sales order management.
How to Generate a Quote
Follow these simple steps to generate a quote in Katana:
1. At the top of the Katana dashboard, select the “+” icon and select Quote.
2. Fill in the relevant information and once finished, select the printer icon to generate a PDF to send to the customer.
3. Head over to the Sell screen and select the Quotes tab to see a list of your pending quotes. Once the customer is happy, simply change the status of the quote from “Pending” to “Confirmed”, and it will generate a sales order (SO) as “Not shipped” in Katana.
And that’s it! Now you can go ahead and fulfill that sales order.
You can also create quotes when you generate a SO, great for:
— checking material availability with the auto-booking system;
— Getting a delivery deadline promise for the customer; and
—Creating draft SOs using quotes.
To do this, simply:
1. Go to the Sell grid or open an SO with a "Not shipped" status.
2. Change the delivery status to "Pending" and the SO will now be moved to quotes, ready for confirmation later.
If you want a more detailed explanation about how this feature works, be sure to check out the Knowledge Base article.
If you have any questions or suggestions for what you’d like to see in future updates, feel free to get in touch and let us know.
And until next time, happy manufacturing.